Ep 121 of Business Growth School for service providers
Welcome to daily 5-minute Business Growth lessons for service providers. Are you a Dentist, Realtor, Lawyer, Accountant, Plumber, Consultant or Contractor….If you provide services locally than this podcast is for you. Here we share strategies, tricks, techniques on how to generate leads, grow your revenue and sales.
Join us every day for 5 minutes and take away strategies which you can apply in your business.
Recently we talked about:
Today we are talking about, how much SEO services cost? More like Good SEO Services
Local service providers (Dentist, Plumber, Accountant, Landscaper etc) with low to medium competition and less complex websites can usually get by with paying this amount, but should understand that prices at the lower end of this scale could indicate inexperience or a lack of proven results. SEO requires consistent quality content creation, high-quality link building, and a strong focus on optimizing conversions, usability, and accessibility; it’s difficult to find all of these services, correctly performed, at the lower end of this scale unless you are working with an agency that has been in business for a while and knows how to produce quality at scale. Hiring a smaller company or individual at this rate can also be effective, but there are usually tradeoffs with quality or the amount of work that can be done every month; and it can be very difficult to find and vet those individuals.
In this price point, you can expect to find more established SEO companies with a proven track record of success in competitive markets. This price point can often give your company access to a dedicated SEO team that employs professional copy editors, content managers, conversion specialists, web development experts, link outreach specialists, account executives, and analytics experts that will ensure success and give you the support you need.
Companies with ambitious growth goals tend to work at this level with an SEO partner that manages the entire process from start to finish. Not only does your business get access to a senior SEO team at this budget, but this investment is likely to drive substantial results since the entire project is well-funded, providing more opportunities for your search partner to perform.
If the market you are trying to dominate has lots of competition, you can expect to make this type of investment for at least the first year or two. In fact, it’s not uncommon for companies to spend well over $100,000 a month on SEO if they are targeting the most lucrative keyword spaces.
Things You Should Be Suspicious of (Avoid)
Any discussion of search engine optimization agencies and pricing isn’t complete without a few warnings. To help you make a good decision against indiscriminate SEO agencies with unethical business practices, read and heed. Be suspicious of the following promises:
- Guarantees. SEO firms generally can’t provide guarantees due to the constantly changing nature of the industry.
- Getting Instant results. True, some SEO tactics can get “instant results” by gaming the system. Be warned that these can hurt you in the long run. Instant results often involve SEO practices that are against webmaster guidelines put out by search engines. Invariably, Google seeks out these techniques and penalizes them, resulting in lost rankings that can take months to recover.
- Getting #1 spot on Google. If an agency promises you the number one spot on Google, it sounds great. Hopefully, you’ll be able to get it. However, it’s not something that a firm can promise to hand over to you.
- Costs lower than $750/month. When it comes to search engine optimization, you aren’t shopping for the lowest price; you’re seeking the best level of service. Be wary of rock bottom prices or “unbelievable deals.”
- Shady and unethical link building services. Link building is a crucial part of SEO. You can’t have a highly-ranked site without inbound links. But there’s a dark side of link building.
Here is an infographic put together by MOZ:
Connect with us:
Twitter: Rapid Boost
Instagram: Business Growth School
Ali’s Twitter: Ali Salman
Leave a Review on iTunes: Business Growth School
Need help growing your service based business? Click here to get started