Link building is very important if you want your website to have a good Search Engine Optimization rank. Your website cannot be isolated on the internet; it should be connected with a variety of websites through the internet. Keywords are doorways to reach out to consumers on the internet. Consider links as a common language spoken between search engines and websites. By conducting a link opportunity analysis on your website, you will realize the quantity and quality of the types of links on your site and make sure that your link building is going in the right direction.
The best way to analyses link building is through SERPs Dominators. SERPs Dominators are the URLs that appear most frequently on the site. Such information will help you gain insight on traffic that appears on your website.
To start a Link opportunity analysis you should have a few tools to help you out.
– The SERPs Dominator Analysis Worksheet: This is a basic tracksheet you should have for recording and analysing the hostname and URL frequency of your SERPs.
– Hostname and URL Frequency Counter Tool: This is a tool that counts the frequency of hosts names and URLs within the SERPs.
– SEOBook Toolbar: With SEOBook Toolbar, you can quickly drill down into exportable backlinking data.
It is important that you select keywords that are commercially viable to your website. Also, you could use the names of your competitors as keywords. Pick keys words that are most related to your business.
You also have to decide the keyword net, the amount of keywords. Whether it will be 5 or 500 hundred will depend on you. Ideally, you should have around 200 keywords for your site. It should cover the most common ones and a few uncommon ones. Create a list of market defining keywords that are applicable for your market.
Additionally, here are things you are the types of links you should check for:
– Blogs: The internet is filled with a host of bloggers and there are quite a substantial number of bloggers who are working on topics related to your own. The presence of bloggers show whether your website is able to tap into the blogging community.
– Check News Sites: It’s always good to have a few news sites linked to your own site. At times, your site may submit news releases, how-to articles and comments on news sites’ discussions.
– Guest Post Opportunities: Guest posts result in the interlinking of your website and create a back-linking opportunity with other website.
– Interview: Interview links and keywords give your website an ‘expert class’ feel to it.
– Niche Directories: Adding niche directory links are a great way to cover all your link bases.
– Social Forums: This is something you cannot miss out on.
Now that you have got the links and major keywords, it’s time to start filling in the worksheet. Here’s what you should record.
– Number of relevant results in the top 10: This is a basic measurement of the quality of a given link and it is very much subjective to you.
– Total results from the search engine: You should record the number of results that your search engine reports in its index. This will give it the number of results that is a weak metric of its own.
– URL of all lists in the Appropriate Column: Any blog list, resource lists, magazine lists, etc are to be recorded when they are in your top 10 results. There are the one which present good quantity of possible link opportunities.
Linking building is extremely important if you want your website to have a high SEO rank. By following these points, you can strengthen the link building on your site.