Content marketing may seem like another marketing jargon, but this is a concept that you cannot fail to ignore. It is the art of creating and distributing content so as to impact awareness, lead generation, sales and more. Content marketing is very important in the bigger picture of what you are communicating to your audience. Content gives out information to potential customers to help them be well informed buyers. It presents arguments to convince potential customers. At times, content is the thing that captures their attention, increases their curiosity and gets them to your website. It is also responsible for presenting information in a fun, entertaining way, bringing delight to the reader.
What Do Your Clients Want?
Most content marketing strategies make the mistake of asking “What does your business need?” You need to first ask yourself “What do your clients want?” before asking that question.
As the pervious section mentioned, your audience wants information and at the same time, they want to be entertained. That is usually what your clients want. Sometimes, you may just present plain information for them to read. Often many potential clients are just searching for information to ensure that your business is worth hiring. Understand your clients and you will know what your content marketing needs to deliver to them.
What Does Your Business Need?
Simply, what do you aim to achieve with your content marketing. It depends on the situation your business is in. It could be getting leads, establishing your professional expertise, improving website traffic, etc.
Content does not just mean words, but a host of other mediums in front of you.
– Articles: Articles are the usual means of communicating information in content marketing. There are many elements which play a role in writing a good article. You can put up an article on a website, blog or even social media.
– Pictures: You don’t want a page that is just filled with text. Adding a picture helps ease the reading process of the viewer.
– Infographics: One of the best ways to present information is to make use of graphic design and come up with an infographic.
– Emailing: Through emails, you can send in newsletters to keep your customers informed of the latest developments.
– Videos: Videos present a vast range of possibilities to pull in the interest of your customers.
A good content marketing strategy will make use of all these mediums so as to offer a variety to customers.
You will want to figure out when you want to put up the content. There are plenty of ways you can go about it.
– Pick a Theme: Perhaps you want to concentrate on a single topic through the month or for a week.
– Decide the Dates: Decide when you want which article, blog post, video, etc to be uploaded.
– Social Media: This is very important for social media because you have to conduct daily updates. Most social media uploads allow you to schedule your posts a month in advance.
Regularly, on a weekly or monthly basis, review your content marketing strategy. Check if it is bringing you to your objectives. Then, accordingly, you can improve on your content. Not only look at your website traffic, Google Analytics,etc, but also talk to those who have read it and gain feedback.
Content marketing is important because it brings the bigger picture into focus and allows you to skilfully manipulate your business communication.
Ali Salman is an online marketing strategist who have worked with Coca-Cola, Extreme Pita, Mucho Burrito, KIA, Honda and other Fortune 500 companies. Ali Salman now heads Rapid Boost Marketing - Canada's fastest growing search marketing agency. RBM clients include Fortune 500's and medium size businesses across North America. Ali as RBM CMO leads his team in building and managing quality, high-performing and cost-effective interactive campaigns and programs for our company's customers and partners. In his career, he has significantly improved campaign performance for large brands such as Government of Alberta, Liberal Party, Workopolis, Cathay Pacific, as well as medium to large retailers and high-tech B2B-enterprise niches.
Ali and his team develop online promotional concepts that spark viral growth through search and social media for RBM clients, devising strategies that use search engines and more to reach key demographic segments in the ways they're most likely to be receptive. Ali Salman also oversees corporate marketing initiatives for Rapid Boost Marketing, including strategic communications counsel, public and analyst relations and client education programming.